Monday, January 5, 2009

A Brief Discourse On Reclusive Writing

There was a young boy standing next to me as I thought of the waves crashing in my ears like breaking dishes in the sink. And suddenly everything just went blank. My fingers kept moving. Faster and faster as they scurried along playfully up and down and sideways everywhichways to type these words. And then a strange noise ruined everything. It was a rocket taking off in hell when suddenly as it tore silently through the atmosphere and entered space; there was absolutely nothing like the silence of deep space staring at you with its great gaping hole of a mouth beckoning you forward into the land without directions or end. A faint music from somewhere melted slowly in and everything began to glitter. Luminous rose petals and lilies standing far but close enough to be not that far. The voice of the moon as it shone in borrowed light spoke softly, whispered, oh let it shine this borrowed light of mine for it reminds me of you.
I was squeezed tight sitting in a cave with two narrow walls and too shallow roof. There was not much space. The young boy standing next to me was a stranger to time and space, of course I knew he would be leaving soon.
We waited with bated breath. Something new was going to happen. Violins and cellos shook the air in time with the single note of bass that led the drum around. Long live the king!
And then mountains exploded, and the earth shook by the sheer force of the explosion. Half the world bled as the other half rained back down in shattered bits that would never be healed again much like me on a sunny day in my life right before the bad part sends choirs upon choirs of light bred shining fireflies with flames trailing behind them through the sky of the sea like fish that fly through the fields of the drowned continent.
How dare you boy?
What satan fool led you here?
What crippled mind could provoke such thought?
What? Answer could stop my hand?

I apologize. I don’t understand these words you speak.
I have tripped on my shoelaces and can’t find my way.
I have slipped and lost my wallet and my heart and soul
Move. Quietly. Like the slow trance of a feline spirit caught
Be careful. They’ve stolen everything. Have fear, take care.
Through the web of pulsating bass. Through the heart of a comatose mind.
Through the trap, tear slid down the white wonder, the only dessert
Where water looks like a crime against nature.
I knew this place. I’d been here before.
Somebody sang cried wept then died here.
I could hear a golden memory from the childhood
Out there, yes here, this is where I wept cried sang and died.
Suddenly there in the dead cold steel factory assembly line,
A sound much like the trees you make guitars out of. Fine wine
Something contradictory and made of unidirectional time and limited intelligence that increased as you got closer to the end. It was a cruel trick I played on myself I said politically. Correct. Came the answer.
My face was warm. I felt suspicious. Isn’t this winter tonight? Did somebody just call me up and tell me that I’m a worthless idiot in need of help? Excuse me? Me? I am the fastest trigger in the east. That’s right, friend, my name is quietly escaping my mind and oops with a great yell for freedom the old superhero escaped wearing torn inmate bespoke uniform. What? Am I destined for just about anything? What a horrible prediction. How am I supposed to live with knowledge of this sort? What ruthless animals haunt this world. I have no idea who you are man. And I think I’m going to sit back here on this bench just far enough to be away from any splashes of blood and other residue from your bashed head which might fly out as these gentleman here, both of them jump on your face wearing these here spiked shoes…then I’ll watch them do it.
This guy really knows how to channel his energies in the most absurd fashion. I think It’s over. Nothing is happening. Oh quiet down you’re being silly. There’s going to be no such thing. You will not lose your mind. You won’t start laughing pointlessly or anything like voices at night or a fear of the dark that leaves you pointlessly laughing. Yes very nice that’s exactly the progression we expected in this damp brain of his. Doctor what say you to a total choppage? Perhaps we should remove from the neck up this time?
Son, did you just experience an epiphany in my presence?
Sorry dad. It’s not that I don’t respect you, I just…well I left earlier.
That’s ok son. I’ll let you off on this technical note but next time there’ll be no excuse good enough.
Fair enough old chap!
The oddest strange music came out of long past bent and curling chipped pieces of wood that used to be stringed instruments men played to one another to steal each other’s women. In their eyes was the magic of a thousand Arabian nights spent underneath an urban sky next to a mossy wall beneath dimly visible stars that kept close watch on the world of nothing ever happens to make sure no one stepped out of character or horsed around. The niceness of the warmth on the four legged naked old instruments’ odd strange music was worth a strip of memory reel.
Ok I think that’s good enough.
But then there was this one song we just had to experience properly. Although I couldn’t really be sure if I were feeling anything much. No nothing. Practically a failed experience. A no experience. Anti experience. But then the beat. Is something being asked? Are they rousing the inner eye? Are they philosophy and magic? Let go. The snake hissed. The beat stepped up. A gradual step. Lets savor this shall we? They asked. Another request fell on deaf ears. And then a scream. And then the beat stepped up. This time it was going all out. This time it was personal. This will be a very clichéd ending. But the beat will be so appealing that in spite of yourself you’ll feel your foot tap. And you’ll get up and yell for freedom like I said you would a thousand miles ago. You waste so much time. This is not a request. This is far too loud and anguished. This is pain screaming at the top of your lungs. I beg of you please understand this is not a request.
This is a good number. Let’s discuss this new friend who will cause us such embarrassments in the not so distant future. Quickly. Never turn around keep walking. Faster. Walking. Out there where the there is far and far away; the best set sun you’ll ever get to see. Lock jaw. Promise. Hard candy. Purely falling on soft grass. Like dew, like another conspiracy against conspirers. This must be the solo. It’s not very good. Oh I’m sorry. You’re adequate I must say. Adequate indeed. Maternity wards will burn for forty years before delivering you again. Indeed we delivered you but who will deliver us? Isn’t that a good joke or are your eyes like vacuum cleaners that suck everything in without taking in anything but desolation. Bloody sentient beings of civilization. Here another guy who thinks he’s so smart acting like a lover and a hater and somewhere in between all at the same time. You’re a bloody good sentient act of random chance!
That’s what you think. We planned everything. Now project yourself out of this.
What shit.
How many words is this?

we had a lot to say we'll miss him. <--- wish you well.
not all martyrs tried.
good bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home