Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Water-Bearer's Song

Are you thirsty?
I have in me calm rivers you may drink out of;
I’ve ocean ponds and running waters standing still
On plains and raining downhill all just as I will.

Are you thirsty?
I shall flood your house down and cast it out so far!
Waves will wash and leave no sign, no sin, no crime!
And in the waterlogged mud, there, waves of wrath,
Landslides will be weaned from rest for new conquests!

And I breathe satiety on your lips when you’re asleep,
And when you part them I shall kiss,
And rains will come by hard and soft,
And you will wonder have I drowned?
Or am I thirsty?

Warm and dark my ocean blue,
The sky above azure and true;
The pond is frozen hard and light,
And all around the world is white;
The rains will come by hard and soft,
And you will wonder…
Enough! More!

Behind the mountains lost in time the golden sun…
Vaporous clouds hang above a pleasant mist.
And grey and cool the lake, whose surface winter kissed,
And chuckling like a child, a stream is flowing down,
At once am I reminded of an evening-gown.

There was a time when you and I, us two, were one
In thinking have we drowned or is it just a thirst?
Will I ever be satisfied?
The question, with your touch, is soon revived.

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM , Anonymous ecommerce developer said...

Nice poem, It is very meaningful, and interesting, Thanks for sharing, nice one keep updating..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home