Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alone in the Park (only poem with metrical sense)

In the evening, passers by
Are floating clouds beneath the sky
Stealing glances, covetous, sly
Oft I wonder if I should try.
Shall I go in for the kill?
Id and Ego, bickering still.
Voices, voices, in the head,
Eyes that whisper things unsaid.
Thoughts that show me what they must;
A metallic heart that gathers rust.

The latter won, I sadly grinned
At pages blowing in the wind.
A tasteless cup of pious rage
With each sip I surely age.

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sublime title for a man like me

You and I should fix up a rendez vous at the Baghe Jinnah someday. It has over the course of the colonial years been oft reffered to as the unofficial recluse for recovering romantics ( got that off an ali azmat song video, speaking of which have u had a chance to watch any of the coke studio sessions)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home