Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Over the Pills and Far Away

Insomaniac

Are you up?
I will you awake,
To open your eyes, respond, reply,
For you must
And so I will you awake
Now…now…now

‘You will not wake up’
- I stare at these words
And I swear
They resemble the essence of ‘Tulip’-
‘You will not wake up’ and ‘Tulip’
Are the same.

Do you see?
Do you see how they’re the same?
When I saw, I felt
Something rise in my chest
A feeling perhaps, nostalgic
That you will not wake up

I wonder is a Leviathan
Harsh is a Religion
Cold is someone taking a picture
In the winter,
And I am you is a Mountain Range
And a mountain is a horse
But Tulip…
You will not wake up

Sunrise, Windows and Earth
There is beauty in these words
Earth and Queen, Fire of the East,
Desire of Disease
I wish for impossible vocabularies

There are certain sounds
When whispered into ears
Have a peculiar effect:
A blush will spread.
It’s in the words, in their truth:
A soul that only seldom moves
And is seldom moved
Something very strange and unknowable
About whispers in ears:
Frighteningly powerful, mad to the taste,
But savoury, fulfilling; the sound,
Cannot be isolated, it cannot be found

I have never whispered in anyone’s ears
Except once in almost complete darkness
To a girl I said, ‘There are cockroaches
In this room, and in my bed.’
But I was very young back then.

Tulip. I may in fact just be
The most vainglorious of louts
That I have ever met
And anyone would end me, out of pity
For my inevitable loneliness;
There’s nobody like me
Except you
I keep on saying to myself

And there is a strange pride
That I don’t pretend to hide
But the fact of the matter is
I still can’t decide
And that is all there is to it
That is all there is to us.
That is all there is.
But you will not wake up.

7 Comments:

At August 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous s said...

martin pale,
th'art never stale.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM , Blogger Duck said...

relegated to the dustbin by popular demand...
----------------------------

Once Upon a Midnight...

I heard my mother snore
Like an old wooden door
That’s a heavy on its hinges
Puffed up n' humidified
Swollen on a wet summer’s night
Creaking like a rogue step
On a withered old staircase
Stepped on by a thief
In the panic of his flight

But when she turned on her side
And for a while, all was quiet
He let out his breath,
And let in relief
The thief
He left the door ajar
But the Wind
Couldn’t let him get far
And the last thing he heard
Before his heart...
A sudden stopped!
Was a loud
BANG!

 
At August 23, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Duck said...

passel o moo

A swell of brown dirt mound
Tree, Tall His Majesty,
His beard, a tire swing,
And we swung there carelessly
pendulums on a wooden clock,
It seemed as if we’d never stop

The Summer slowly passed us by
But we never mourned the grey
The world wide torn sky
The thunder flash, the big splash
Her green lap, a cool pool
We sailed our Earth in tire tubes
And the dread Rains passed us by

But in the Winter when the crow died
Maggots writhed around its eye
Climbing in and out of it
Smelling like the death
Of winters past that passed us by
and we’d stumbled where their bodies lie

We warmed the puppies with our hands
And buried them in flower beds
Death was just a circumstance
A consequence, a big word, it was absurd!
And who cares about a bird? Or a dog?
We jogged at dawn in winter’s fog

It’s never there where it seems
Like finish lines, like happy dreams
The hill was gone, the tree was doomed
But in the spring, the puppies bloomed
And I sat before the flower bed
and wondered if they’d howl the dead
I whistled and made some chirping sounds
Then I got bored and left the grounds.

 
At August 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Duck said...

and i was hurt at home
the hurricane came and went they say
all the stars in the sky that used to shine they've got blown away
and i don't know how to find my way
i don't know how to see
if you could find some kind of light my love could you save me from the streets...and i been wandering like a homeless man and i been looking for yer heart...and i been lonely as a broken shoe and i have loved you from the start. and it's just so dark...and it's just so dark.

 
At August 29, 2010 at 2:13 AM , Anonymous Fang said...

This one is a delightful read. really

 
At August 29, 2010 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Duck said...

thanks yaar. i was hoping the new one would be better. but i suppose this one is the only good one.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 4:27 AM , Blogger hackponny said...

cool

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home